John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Freedom is not free. It is very expensive and some have willingly given everything so that we can have it. I challenge you to take some time today and thank God for them. The truth is, we would not be here enjoying what we have and living our lives the way we do without them. This is what I think about every time I see a soldier.
- Safety. There is safety in freedom. We do not have to live looking over our shoulder wondering if and when the authorities are going to confiscate our family possessions. Unfortunately, there are people in this world who are forced to live like that. They do not enjoy the safety you and I, as Americans, enjoy. That safety is provided by the men and women who signed up to protect us.
- Sacrifice. “All gave some, some gave all.” Today, we celebrate and honor those who gave all. Our freedom and safety is given to us by the blood of those willing to sacrifice for it.
- Savior. I cannot think about sacrifice without thinking about Jesus. He made the ultimate sacrifice for me so I could become a child of God. He paid a debt He did not owe because I owed a debt I could not pay. Jesus willingly laid down His life for me.
- Salvation. “Jesus paid it all.” I am saved and I am a child of God because salvation was provided to me by God through His Son, Jesus Christ. Not only do I enjoy the benefits of living in the greatest country on earth, the USA, I also enjoy the benefits of salvation. No matter what happens to me, nothing will change the fact that I am going to heaven when I die. I AM SAVED!!!
- Satisfaction. Are you satisfied with Jesus? When we consider all that He has done for us, we ought to come to this conclusion – No matter what, I am satisfied with Him. He truly is all I need. Nothing matters without Him, and I can do all things with Him.
I hope this has been a blessing to you, as well as a challenge. Please think about the cost of your freedom as an American. We are truly blessed to live in the greatest country on earth. Please rejoice in the fact that you are a child of God. You are who you are because of one Person and what He did. Jesus willingly gave His life so that you might be saved.
photo credit: Pastor Shane