Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
One of the joys of reading the Bible is finding the prayers that are recorded in Scripture. In Ephesians 3:14-21, we find a marvelous prayer. It gives us an insight into the heart of the Apostle Paul and his relationship with the church of Ephesus. While this prayer is rich with doctrinal truth, I want to focus your attention on its conclusion.
- Able – What a joy it is to know that we pray to a God who can do whatever needs to be done, whenever it needs to be done, for whoever needs it done. When you read the Bible, you cannot miss this truth, God is able.
- Abundantly – Not only do we see the word abundantly, but it is coupled with the word exceeding. Not only is He able, He is able to exceed your highest dreams and expectations. With God, nothing is impossible.
- Above – God’s ways are higher than our ways. He is above us. This fact should remind us to approach Him with humility, and encourage us in knowing that whatever we think is good, God knows what is best.
- All – God wants us to give everything to Him and let Him handle it. We need God in control of every aspect of our life, all of it.
- Ask – It is our responsibility to ask. Ask, and keep on asking. That is a principle of prayer. If you can ask it, God can do it according to His will. Whatever your burden, ask Him and He will answer exceeding abundantly above your request.
- According – Here is the secret. We have the power of the One we are asking. That power is not of us, or from us, but working in us. We are indwelt by God the Holy Spirit. He will work His power in our lives for our good and His glory.
“Unto Him be glory in the church!!” I know you agree that a God who is able, abundant, and above is worthy of being glorified. Where? In the church. We are the church, therefore we should give Him glory. He has done great things for us! Throughout all ages, His praise shall be spoken in this world and in the world to come. What a wonderful, loving, and powerful Heavenly Father we have. He is worthy to be praised!
Sent from Mail for Windows 10