I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Daily living a life of testimony before this world is a constant theme throughout the Bible. Our verses today teach us plainly of our duty. We have been asked by God to present ourselves to Him as a living sacrifice. Here are a few things to meditate on today concerning our presentation to Him.
Presenting our bodies as a living sacrifice to God is…
- Required – I beseech you, therefore, brethren
- Responsible – by the mercies of God
- Real – a living sacrifice
- Righteous – holy, acceptable unto God
- Reasonable – which is your reasonable service
- Rejection – be not conformed to this world
- Reformation – be ye transformed
- Renewing – by the renewing of your mind
- Reality – that ye may prove
- Rewarding – that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God