He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was also able to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
Genesis 15:6 tells us how Abraham had a personal relationship with God. “And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.” You and I are saved the same way, and you and I serve the same way. We must believe God for salvation, and we must believe God for the power and ability to live for Him.
- Was Purposed – He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief
- Was Powerful – was strong in the faith
- Praised God – giving glory to God
- Persuaded him – being fully persuaded
- Focused on God’s Promise – what He had promised
- Focused on God’s Performance – He was also able to perform
- Placed him in the family of God – it was imputed to him for righteousness
photo credit: Kelly Morton